Saturday, April 6, 2013

On the Road, First Draft

Some of you reading this may have already figured this out, but... I'm a Hanson fan.

Yes, that Hanson. No, they're not dead and they never broke up. In fact, they're coming out with a new album in June and there's a little link over there in my sidebar for their new single. Click on it and check it out; I'll wait right here.

...

Back now? Pretty good song, huh? They've got a lot of those, and that's why I've been a fan for thirteen years. Three years ago, I finally got a chance to see them live, and since then I've accumulated a lot of pictures of my concerts and road trips to see them. When this page by Kelly Purkey showed up on Pinterest, I decided it was perfect to scraplift for my Hanson album! I'm not going to give instructions, because I basically followed hers. I ended up cutting a few states out entirely by hand, and I'll admit that a few of them aren't remotely the right size and shape, but overall, I think it turned out well.

So far, there aren't many pictures on the page, but it's a work in progress. I plan to add at least one more this fall (I bought my ticket for Nashville today!), and who knows what the future holds. I also think some cute travel themed stickers or other embellishments would make this page perfect. I just need to find the right ones. So expect to see more versions of this page in the future; that's why this post is called "First Draft."

Supplies used:
cardstock: Die Cuts With A View, unknown
patterned paper: K & Company Color Basics Radiant
punch: The Paper Studio
letter stickers: American Crafts Thickers
glittery dot stickers: Heidi Grace
ink pen: Zig Writer

5 comments:

  1. Love your map - that is so cool and I bet a lot of work.
    Leslie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely not easy, I'll say that! Thanks :)

      Delete
    2. I am sure it wasn't easy. thanks for linking up to Whimsical Wednesday and sharing your hard work. I so appreciate it Bethany Leigh.

      Delete
  2. Very cool map I love the idea of a map.

    ReplyDelete