Monday, April 8, 2013

Hanson and Me page

It's possible that I'm having way too much fun working on this Hanson scrapbook! I've already planned out most of the pages, including titles and layouts. My titles are really just entirely too clever. I didn't actually plan it that way, but the two I've made so far have Hanson song titles as their titles. The first one, my road trip map, was titled "On The Road," which was a little song the guys wrote during a road trip livestream of their own. The page I'm including in this post is a play on the Hanson song "Penny and Me" and shows pictures of me, Hanson and their music through the years.

Without further ado, here it is! The title page of my Hanson scrapbook.

It's a pretty busy page, but it sort of needed to be. I'm getting more and more into that busy, collage sort of style, but I can't totally cut loose with it yet. Maybe someday.

Most of the pictures on the page are my own, and since they're so small, I thought I'd give a rundown of what they are. From top right: My Hanson symbol 14th birthday cake, the majority of my Hanson cds, a walk I hosted at my college, my first Hanson concert, a "Keep Calm and Listen To Hanson" poster they sold in 2012, and my first picture with Zac.

I think my favorite part of the page is the big Hanson logo, which I found at Hansonish.com and recolored to fit my page. Then I printed it out and cut out around it, leaving a tiny border, so it would fit on the page. I really like how that turned out.

Supplies used:
cardstock: Die Cuts With A View
printer paper: unknown
patterned paper: Carloyn Gavin Greenhouse Mat Pad and unknown
letter stickers: American Crafts Thickers
assorted stickers: The Paper Studio Flowers, Sassafras Lass Hog Heaven and My Dearest
chipboard flowers: unknown
Hanson symbol vector: Hansonish
font: Arial

No comments:

Post a Comment